lxde menu items causing X crash

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 22:21:27 UTC 2013

On 02/04/13 10:45 AM, Kevin Martin wrote:
> On 04/02/13 12:21, Adam Williamson wrote:

> cause or not.  I would happily use the nouveau driver (and was using it until going to the 3.8+ kernel where it became virtually
> unusable with noaccel turned on) but that driver is possibly buggier than the proprietary driver but gets useful updates less often
> and *no* updates that appear to relate to any of the bugs that I've reported against it for over the last two years.

It's kind of misleading just to watch updates to the xorg-11-drv-nouveau
("DDX") package, because with KMS, a large chunk of the vital code for
display adapters now resides in the kernel, not the DDX. The DDX
packages don't see a huge deal of change any more; most of the
interesting change happens in the kernel (and also mesa and libdrm).