systemd waiting for stop jobs

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:22:48 UTC 2013

There are days when I do multi-booting, and sometimes I type "reboot" in
a terminal. Recently, that doesn't work well anymore, because all I get
is the small Fedora logo, and when I hit ESC for the details, systemd is
looping through a list of "stop jobs" without any progress. Some of them
are for custom mount-points and --bind mounts. Perhaps there will be a
time-out eventually, but I'm not patient enough to wait minutes for
something to happen.

Is it just my test installation where this occurs?

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.0-0.rc5.git1.301.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.10 0.12 0.16