System Requirements

Łukasz Posadowski mail at lukaszposadowski.pl
Sat Apr 6 08:33:02 UTC 2013

2013-04-03, 18:55 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson":
> I was pretty sure the Anaconda had gotten it well below 768MB for the
> graphical mode guess I was wrong...

You're right. Anaconda needs more RAM than XFCE desktop in this example.
There is a way to avoid this, by editing anaconda python files (I'm
installing CentOS that way on older machines with less than 512 ram).

But I guess minimum requirements are for potential users, not some
desperate dudes that just HAVE TO install that particular OS and will do
it anyway, regardless of CPU and ram that they have.

I think that minumum specs should be able to run default installation:
Anaconda live and Gnome Shell (and possibly Firefox, Gimp, and other
apps from Live DVD). If it doesn't run installer and Shell it just
doesn't fit. It does eventually, but unofficially. :)

--
Łukasz Posadowski