Cinnamon and F19

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sat Apr 6 17:58:33 UTC 2013

On 04/06/2013 04:23 PM, David wrote:
> On 4/6/2013 4:35 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> yum grouplist shows the Cinnamon Desktop as installable group in F19:
>>
>> yum grouplist
>> Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
>> Available environment groups:
>>    GNOME Desktop
>>    KDE Plasma Workspaces
>>    Xfce Desktop
>>    LXDE Desktop
>>    Cinnamon Desktop
>>    MATE Desktop
>>    Sugar Desktop Environment
>>    Development and Creative Workstation
>>    Web Server
>>    Infrastructure Server
>>    Basic Desktop
>>    Minimal Install
>> Installed groups:
>>    LibreOffice
>> Available Groups:
>>    Administration Tools
>>    Authoring and Publishing
>>
>> But if trying to install the Cinnamon Desktop group:
>>
>> sudo yum groupinstall 'Cinnamon Desktop'
>>
>> Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
>> Warning: environment Cinnamon Desktop does not exist.
>> No packages in any requested group available to install or update
>>
>> Anybody sees this too, or has an explanation?
>>
>> Kernel: 3.9.0-0.rc5.git2.1.fc19.x86_64
>> yum: yum-3.4.3-81.fc19.noarch
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Joachim Backes
>>

> yum groupinstall "Cinnamon Desktop"
>
> use ""  non  ``

Hi David,

it seems you did not read exactly my mail: I used 'Cinnamon Desktop' and
not  `Cinnamon Desktop` with backticks. For the shell, there is no
difference in this context between "Cinnamon Desktop" and 'Cinnamon
Desktop' (contains no $ or no other special chars).

Kind regards

Joachim Backes

--

Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow): Kernel-3.8.6-201.fc18.x86_64

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes