Cinnamon and F19

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 18:23:45 UTC 2013

On 4/6/2013 1:58 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> On 04/06/2013 04:23 PM, David wrote:
>> On 4/6/2013 4:35 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> yum grouplist shows the Cinnamon Desktop as installable group
>>> in F19:
>>>
>>> yum grouplist Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
>>> Available environment groups: GNOME Desktop KDE Plasma
>>> Workspaces Xfce Desktop LXDE Desktop Cinnamon Desktop MATE
>>> Desktop Sugar Desktop Environment Development and Creative
>>> Workstation Web Server Infrastructure Server Basic Desktop
>>> Minimal Install Installed groups: LibreOffice Available
>>> Groups: Administration Tools Authoring and Publishing ... ...
>>>
>>> But if trying to install the Cinnamon Desktop group:
>>>
>>> sudo yum groupinstall 'Cinnamon Desktop'
>>>
>>> Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit Warning:
>>> environment Cinnamon Desktop does not exist. No packages in any
>>> requested group available to install or update
>>>
>>> Anybody sees this too, or has an explanation?
>>>
>>> Kernel: 3.9.0-0.rc5.git2.1.fc19.x86_64 yum:
>>> yum-3.4.3-81.fc19.noarch
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Joachim Backes
>>>

>> yum groupinstall "Cinnamon Desktop"
>>
>> use ""  non  ``
>>

> Hi David,
>
> it seems you did not read exactly my mail: I used 'Cinnamon
> Desktop' and not  `Cinnamon Desktop` with backticks. For the shell,
> there is no difference in this context between "Cinnamon Desktop"
> and 'Cinnamon Desktop' (contains no $ or no other special chars).
>
> Kind regards
>
> Joachim Backes

Joachim,

You are correct. I misread your 'marks'. My mistake.

However using the  '  mark , the unshiftered key on the " / '  key
next to the <enter> key for me does not work either.  Only the grounp
name(s) inclosed with  "  " has ever worked.

BTW you set this up for a rely-to-list as well as a Cc:, which is okay
with me.

You did succeed I hope.*

- --

  David