Cinnamon and F19

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sat Apr 6 18:45:35 UTC 2013

On 04/06/2013 08:23 PM, David wrote:
> On 4/6/2013 1:58 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:

>>> yum groupinstall "Cinnamon Desktop"
>>>
>>> use ""  non  ``
>>>

>> Hi David,
>
>> it seems you did not read exactly my mail: I used 'Cinnamon
>> Desktop' and not  `Cinnamon Desktop` with backticks. For the shell,
>> there is no difference in this context between "Cinnamon Desktop"
>> and 'Cinnamon Desktop' (contains no $ or no other special chars).
>
>> Kind regards
>
>> Joachim Backes
>

> Joachim,
>
> You are correct. I misread your 'marks'. My mistake.
>
> However using the  '  mark , the unshiftered key on the " / '  key
> next to the <enter> key for me does not work either.  Only the grounp
> name(s) inclosed with  "  " has ever worked.

Hi David,

What's the difference from the shell's aspect?

> BTW you set this up for a rely-to-list as well as a Cc:, which is okay
> with me.
>
> You did succeed I hope.*

1. BTW, sudo both

sudo yum groupinstall "LXDE Desktop"

and

sudo yum groupinstall 'LXDE Desktop'

work as expected :-)

2. I gave it a trial:

--

Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow): Kernel-3.8.6-201.fc18.x86_64

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>
https://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes