Rawhide dead slow on my laptop

Ozan Çağlayan ozancag at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:26:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

I don't know where to start for debugging but current rawhide on my
SandyBridge laptop is barely usable. Even a window switch takes 1-2
seconds. I looked over powertop and top outputs, load average when
idle (even no gnome-terminal, ran the commands on VT) can be between
0.8-1.1. Xorg is generally at the of top output, 30-40% CPU usage on
average. I also see some irq related stuff for iwlwifi in top output.
I was passing enable_rc6=0 to i915 but removed that but that didn't
help too.

Is there a known issue with 3.9 kernel that you are aware of? What
should I investigate further before opening a bug in bugzilla?

Thanks.

--
Ozan Çağlayan
Research Assistant