Rawhide dead slow on my laptop

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:57:14 UTC 2013

On 04/08/13 06:52, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
>> Rawhide kernels have debugging options enabled, which can cause
>> significant slowdowns in many situations.  Try using the
>> rawhide-kernel-nodebug repository to get non-debug kernels for Rawhide
>> and see if your problems persist:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RawhideKernelNodebug
>
> Ah I knew about that but completely forgot it. Thanks for this
> valuable pointer :)
>
> --
> Ozan Çağlayan
> Research Assistant
> Galatasaray University - Computer Engineering Dept.
> http://www.ozancaglayan.com

What video driver are using, nouveau, nvidia, or something else?  What are your X settings?  If X is consistently high then I would
suspect the video driver.  I have seen the same behavior using nouveau under 3.9 kernel.  I have *not* seen that behavior using
nvidia under the 3.9 driver but I do have other issues using nvidia (like machine hangs and X crashes).

Kevin