F19 Alpha RC2 install failure

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 17:35:17 UTC 2013

On 10/04/13 03:22 AM, Pasha R wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install F19 Alpha RC2. As soon as anaconda starts it
> produces a dialog saying "An unknown error has occured. This program
> encountered an unknown error. You may report the bug below or quit the
> program". Unfortunately, it is stuck at this dialog and does not allow
> me to press "More info" or "Report Bug" (or Quit, but this is not really
> relevant), so I can't provide any more information.
> When I start it from console, it only prints
> "(anaconda:2510): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_model_filter_get_path:
> assertion `GTK_TREE_MODEL_FILTER (model)->priv->stamp == iter->stamp'
> failed"

That error can safely be ignored, it's just spew from anaconda startup -
it happens on successful runs too.

> I tried installing with both network install CD image and from live CD -
> with same result. Any ideas how to work around this problem?

If you do it when running live, does the rest of the live system
continue to work? If so, can you look in /tmp and paste out all the .log
files from there, and if there's an 'anaconda-tb-foobar' file, that too?
Thanks!