Another UEFI testing request

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Apr 17 01:35:54 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> said:
> Hi folks - thanks for helping out with the last UEFI testing request, it
> was very helpful. If we could impose again, it would be really helpful
> if anyone with a UEFI-capable system could try a UEFI native install of
> Alpha RC3:
>
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/19-Alpha-RC3/
>
> and report your results. We are hopeful that the major bugs that
> affected previous builds are resolved, and many or most UEFI installs
> should succeed at this point. If you try, please report whether you got
> a successful installation, and if not, what problem you ran into. Bug
> reports for problems are of course welcome. Thanks!

I tried a UEFI install, but it failed at installing the bootloader.

The system is a Zotac Zbox nano AD10.  I downloaded the image from the
above URL and put it on an SD card and did a UEFI boot.  I don't have
anything current on the drive, so I chose not to preserve anything.  I
tried a minimal install; no problems up to the bootloader, which gave me
an "unknown error".

Also, I tried to report the failure to BZ or save it, and I got another
"unknown error".
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>