[Test-Announce] Fedora 19 Alpha Release Candidate 4 (RC4) Available Now!

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 12:49:18 UTC 2013

On 04/19/2013 01:12 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

>> For the tenth time this week :), debug kernel. Try a nodebug kernel, or
>> 'slub_debug=-'. It helps when running the installer as well as on
>> installed systems.
>
> When you want the mass public to test the image you produced, it doesn't
> help when it is as slow as Christmas. You will have to eat the fruit you
> produce and learn to like it. :)
>
> Or post disclaimers that Alphas now use a slow, debug kernel and has
> high memory requirements. I believe F18 was the first to have a debug
> kernel/high RAM, correct? That's 17 previous releases that people were
> used to a "normal speed" system to test with. Expect bitching.

Maybe a note next to the download link pointing this out would be
beneficial for people who don't have the time to monitor this list as
frequently as they possibly should might work.

My two bob.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.9 & 6.4, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,