[Test-Announce] Fedora 19 Alpha Release Candidate 4 (RC4) Available Now!

moshe nahmias moshegrey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 20:15:26 UTC 2013

According to what intel says my processor does support virtualization
(model Q9400). Wasn't able to update the bios yet, can't make a bootable cd
with the files needed, and on capabilities from lshw says among other
things vmx (at least on other places on this thread people said that means
virtualization).

about cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep -E "flags|model name", here is the output:

[moshe at moshe-desktop ~]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo |grep -E "flags|model name"
model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q9400  @ 2.66GHz
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx
lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64
monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 xsave lahf_lm
dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
[...]