Another UEFI testing request

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Apr 19 20:50:08 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> said:
> The system is a Zotac Zbox nano AD10.  I downloaded the image from the
> above URL and put it on an SD card and did a UEFI boot.  I don't have
> anything current on the drive, so I chose not to preserve anything.  I
> tried a minimal install; no problems up to the bootloader, which gave me
> an "unknown error".

I had time to try this again (if it still matters).  When installing the
bootloader failed, I switched over to a console and poked around.  I do
see this in the /tmp/anaconda-tb-xxx file (I assume this is the
problem):

20:27:54,549 WARNING kernel:[ 2404.617141] efivars: set_variable() failed: status=8000000000000009

This is with the Alpha-TC5 netinst boot image (installer kernel
3.9.0-0.rc4.git10.1.fc19.x86_64), using a local mirror of current
development/19 and updates/testing/19.

I am running the latest BIOS on my Zbox.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>