Updates for f19?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Apr 20 18:00:33 UTC 2013

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 12:46:29 -0500
Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 10:59:10 -0600,
>    Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> >
> >What other items were you hoping for? :)
>
> Another odd area is things that were pulled in during the freeze.
> They show up at the f19 stable updates page:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F19/
>
> But for example find /home/fedora -name
> kernel-3.9.0-0.rc6.git2.3.fc19 doesn't appear to be in any of the
> repos. The stable updates repo is empty and the release repo has
> kernel-3.9.0-0.rc5.git1.301.fc19.
>
> That one doesn't cause a problem for me because I use the
> rawhide-nodebug repo even for f19, but it still seems odd.

Its just cosmetic I think. Perhaps bodhi could be more clear about
pre-release updates, but its:

from f19 branch point to f19 alpha change freeze:
- no bodhi.
- updates build and go directly to the base repo every day like
  rawhide.
- updates and updates-testing repos are empty.

from f19 alpha change freeze to alpha go:
- bodhi is enabed
- updates that meet the karma requirements AND are approved by QA as
  fixing a blocker or FE are pushed stable. This means they go into the
  base repo the next day in the next branched compose.
- all other updates go to updates-testing when submitted.
- updates testing has a bunch of stuff, updates is empy.
- once alpha is go, all queued for stable updates are pushed which
  means they show up in the next days branched compose.

from f19 alpha to f19 beta freeze:
- updates-testing has updates testing things.
- updates that meet karma requirements are pushed stable and show up in
  the next days branched compose.
- updates repo is still completely empty.

f19 beta freeze to final go:
(same as alpha above, except that once final is a go, all remaining
stable pending updates are pushed to the updates repo and become 0 day
updates)

I really need to redo the branched page like rawhide on the wiki with
all this info. ;(

kevin