2013-04-22 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 22 22:58:31 UTC 2013

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130422

Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-04-29 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the
meeting, please add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130429 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* adamw to send out another call for UEFI testing with TC6 -
	  this was done[1], and we got a good amount of UEFI testing
	  before go/no-go
	* jreznik to follow up on status of Translations (l10n) test
	  day - jreznik did so, and the event went off well

TOPIC: Fedora 19 Alpha recap
	* Alpha was signed off and ready to go
	* adamw created and populated the Common_F19_bugs page[2]
	* kparal noted the tracker bug aliases are kind of long at
	  present; adamw explained the old-style aliases are only going
	  to be used for F19 as a 'backwards compatibility' measure,
	  from F20 onwards bugs will have only the new-style aliases
	* There was a vote of thanks to all Alpha testers

TOPIC: Fedora 19 Beta planning
	* anaconda recently revised how containers (LVM, btrfs) are
	  handled in custom partitioning: we will get some images to do
	  some testing of those changes shortly
	* The first blocker review meeting was scheduled[3] for 04-24,
	  Beta TC1 for 04-30
	* The new-style Beta release criteria still needed to be
	  finished off

TOPIC: Test Days
	* Power Management Test Day[4] went ahead successfully: the
	  power management team blogged about it[5]
	* FreeIPA test day[6] seems to have gone ahead and produced
	  useful results
	* martix was working on graphics test week preparation, adamw
	  would help out with publicity

TOPIC: Open floor
	* tflink reported that the blocker bug proposal webapp should
	  go into production during the week

Action items
	* adamw to complete Beta criteria update
	* adamw to add iscsi test case back to the matrix

1. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-April/181533.html
2. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F19_bugs
3. http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-19/f-19-quality-tasks.html
4. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2013-04-17_Power_Management