Fedora 19 on 386

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 23:24:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R
<caf at omen.com> wrote:
> The USB port could not boot from a 16 GB jump drive.

Chuck,

I remember Pentium III machines came from the USB 1.x era, not USB 2.0.
So likely your BIOS won't allow you to boot from a USB-anything port
using "mass storage devices".

However, if I remember correctly, BIOS of that era allowed (some, not
all) to boot from "USB floppy" and "USB CD" but you had to MANUALLY
get into the Bios (CMOS) setup screen and specifically select that....

Details are sketchy on my faulty organic based RAM aka brain cells....

If everything fails try this PLOP boot manager that supposedly allows
booting from USB even on systems whose BIOS lack that feature.

http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/index.html

Hope this helps somehow...
FC