Revised Beta criteria up

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 08:47:24 UTC 2013

On 04/24/2013 05:23 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

>> "but must not do so when running as a live image." <--- makes no sense
>> and should be removed
>
> Er? It makes perfect sense. We don't want to encourage people to run a
> system update when booting live; this will just result in RAM
> exhaustion. So we disable the update checks in the boot scripts of the
> live image kickstarts.

My concern is with users with live usb and persistent storage I'm pretty
sure they would like to get update notifications.

>> For F20 we should start looking into adding containers ( libvirt lxc )
>> to the beta criteria along with test cases for it
>
> Why do you pick out containers in particular? Is this a particularly
> important area of functionality for the future?

There are several benefits of using containers instead of virtualzation.
bare metal performance, less storage space etc. so I would say yes.

I would think we should be focusing on testing all the connection
options in virt-manager and those are xen,qemu/kvm and lxc ( linux
containers )

JBG