f19alpha, hang "booting a command list"

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Apr 26 14:50:45 UTC 2013

On Apr 26, 2013, at 6:47 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> What is the exact kernel F19 is using? Since I can't boot it, and its name on the stick is just vmlinuz, I can't tell what it is.

kernel-3.9.0-0.rc6.git2.3.fc19

Booted the target computer F18/kernel 3.6.11 and installed this kernel, and rebooted. Fail.

I get different messages, probably because I'm using a fully populated grub.cfg from grub2-mkconfig, whereas F19's grub.cfg is sparse. So with the manually installed kernel on F18 I get:

Laoding initial ramdisk …

Then hang. Not one message after that. Looks like a borked kernel for EFI Macs:

Wed Apr 24 2013 Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com> - 3.9.0-0.rc8.git0.2
- Add patch to fix EFI boot on Macs (rhbz 953447)

3.9.0-0.rc8.git0.2.fc19 boots OK.

Chris Murphy