[fedora-arm] Proposed Base and Desktop matrix adjustments for ARM as primary

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 16:45:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-20 at 06:35 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-08-16 at 23:45 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > Following on my little series, we also need to adjust the Base and
> > > Desktop matrices for ARM as primary arch, but the good news is the
> > > changes are pretty simple.
> >
> > As discussed at the QA meeting this morning, I've gone ahead and pushed
> > all the proposed changes so far into 'production'. I'll try and draft up
> > the remaining change for visible cloud ASAP. thanks folks!
>
> I might have missed something, but is XFCE really non-blocking for ARM? I remember someone saying that XFCE is the most important desktop for them. (and also that GNOME doesn't work almost anywhere).

Yeah, that's what we discussed at the meeting. At first we thought of
making it KDE+XFCE, but even if Xfce is the most commonly used desktop
on ARM, we don't have the Fedora resources to really guarantee it's in
100% shape, so it seemed safer to make KDE the blocker. In practice I
expect Xfce will be well tested on ARM.