F18 up to F20 -- how?

poma pomidorabelisima at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 22:11:36 UTC 2013

On 01.12.2013 20:44, Beartooth wrote:

> 	I have several machines running F18, which I would like to change
> to F20 by some sort of upgrade, rather than a fresh install. Can anyone
> yet guess whether upgrading from a DVD, or using fedup, or yum, or some
> other way is most likely to succeed with the least trouble?
>
> 	Among other possibilities, is an upgrade via DVD from F18 to F20
> Beta, followed by yum updates at regular short intervals, any more or
> less promising that fedup? (I've had very mixed experience with that.)
>
> 	Btw, this seems to me much more of a question for the regular
> Fedora list; but I tried it there, and a couple of people have referred
> me here.

This is the right list cause it concerns not yet official version.

To recommend anything is always ungrateful, purely because it's too many
variables in question.
Although there is an official recommended method via "fedup", I can only
say the upgrade through yum based method - "fedora-upgrade"[1] never
failed on me, on a pile of machines of different architectures.
Even more concerning remote upgrades.
So.
However, one thing I'll recommend. In your case, a gradual upgrade,
regardless of the method.

Bee awesome.:!

poma

[1]