TC4 UEFI issues

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Dec 3 22:56:50 UTC 2013

On Dec 3, 2013, at 2:24 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX <caf at omen.com> wrote:

> Booting Fedora-20-TC4-x86_64-DVD.iso from USB drive
> on an Asus p8z77-vleplus UEFI Anaconda cannot modify
> the hard drive when booted UEFI.   I see a complaint about
> a 509 certificate; it scrolls off before I can write it down.
>
> It appears one cannot boot from a 4TB hard drive without
> UEFI being enabled????

These seem to be separate issues. I can't reproduce the first issue.

As for the second, the CSM-BIOS could conceivably have a problem with 2+TB drives by design.

Last and least, please change the subject when you're effectively starting a new thread. If everyone just replied to the test announce subject whenever they had problems with the latest candidate, we'd all turn into ducks.

Chris Murphy