TC5 at Caddyshack

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Dec 6 05:59:54 UTC 2013

On Dec 5, 2013, at 5:36 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX <caf at omen.com> wrote:

> 64 bit TC5 still doesn'e work with UEFI boot.
> EFI: Problem loading in-kernel x-509 certificate (-129)
> I had to use a flakey F8 option to get the motherboard
> to boot netinst without UEFI.

When you boot UEFI, is Secure Boot enabled or disabled?

What message do you see before the GRUB menu appears? shim.efi should spit out one or more of ~70 possible messages before you see the GRUB menu. For me it says "Booting in insecure mode" because my EFI doesn't support secure boot.

While you're at it please also provide the exact ISO name you're using, the command you're using to create the install media, the computer or board model and firmware revision, whether or not secure boot is enabled, either dmesg or a photo showing the point of startup failure.

It might be useful to add debug and ignore_loglevel to kernel parameters and capture that also.

It might also be worth it to put all of this information into a bug report, but until we know where the failure is, knowing what component to file it against is difficult.

Chris Murphy