Who can close BZs?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 20:34:44 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 15:28 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

> All of the above is fine.  However, your are exhibiting profound
> arrogance in stepping in for real fedora managers/developers.  Do your
> RFEs and your own bzs, but, leave other peoples bz reports alone.

You are assuming a policy that does not exist. I don't believe there is
any rule or policy which Chris' closure of your bug violated.

As someone said upthread, Fedora is intentionally not hedged around with
*too* many hard and fast rules. There are various statuses in FAS which
translate into 'editbugs' privileges - which allow you to close others'
bugs - and it's generally not considered a problem for people with
editbugs privileges to do something like this.

If Chris' change had actually been completely wrong, that might have
been a problem, and the appropriate thing to do would be to reverse it,
and then keep an eye out to make sure he wasn't repeatedly doing silly
things, or just trolling, or something. At the point where someone
exhibits a pattern of bad behaviour, then is the time when we get
together as a group and say 'hmm, maybe something should be done about
this'. But no, there is no rule that says 'Chris can't close a bug Clyde
filed against anaconda'.