2013-11-25 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 07:14:33 UTC 2013

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20131125

Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-12-09 at 1600 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20131209. Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* jreznik to move forward with proposing switch to 'feature
	  preview mode' for thinp - this was proposed to fesco but
	  deferred to anaconda team on the basis thinp isn't actually
	  the area giving us many problems right now, though everyone
	  recognizes the issue of overwork for anaconda storage devs.
	  kparal posted mockups to anaconda-devel-list[1]
	* cmurf and kparal to discuss status of btrfs with anaconda
	  team - aside from kparal's mockup, not done yet (cmurf was
	  ill). adamw had an informal discussion with anaconda devs
	  where the idea of btrfs as a tech preview was not ruled in or
	  out, but it may be quite late to try and change it for F20

TOPIC: Matrix revisions
	* We have test cases to check the checksums for most media, but
	  not for the cloud images[2]
	* adamw said he would draft new test cases and submit them to
	  the list

TOPIC: Fedora 20 Final status
	* As of the meeting, final freeze was the following day. Final
	  TC2 was undergoing testing, and TC3 was expected soon. The
	  blocker list was quite long, and TC2 test coverage was not
	  complete
	* Several important-looking critical path updates did not have
	  sufficient karma to go stable yet. We agreed to send a mail
	  asking for karma to try and get them out before the freeze
	* Two KDE-related bugs were proposed as blockers; we agreed to
	  check with KDE team that they were under control

TOPIC: Open floor
N/A

Action items
	* adamw to draft a new test case and matrix row for validating
	  cloud image checksums
	* adamw to make sure the desktop tests are completed for TC2
	* jreznik to check in with KDE team if they're on top of the
	  two proposed KDE blockers or if help would be appreciated
	* cmurf to send a quick email to test-announce asking folks to
	  test and karma critpath updates ahead of freeze tomorrow

1. https://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2013-November/msg00049.html
2. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-November/118791.html