Switch back to KDM?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Dec 9 09:08:26 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 12/08/13 12:05, Christopher Meng wrote:
> > Target to f21:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SDDMinsteadOfKDM
>
> Thanks....  I thought the target was F20 since it was in all the previous
> test releases.  I guess this is a good explanation ....
>
> SDDM is now lacking some functionality compared to KDM, namely XDMCP, VNC and
> multi-seat support. They are planned to be added.

Martin Briza, the KDE SIG guys is working a lot on XDMCP and multi seat support
- not sure what support is already there. But the initial idea behind switching
to SDDM was - it works pretty well for standard use cases, everyone who needs
more features can switch back to KDE. In the end - even these standard usecases
were not covered very well, so it was postponed to F21. KDM really has to die,
it's dead for several years now...

Jaroslav