Heisenbug slightly ubstable?

flashl at dailybrood.com flashl at dailybrood.com
Tue Dec 10 18:27:37 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-10 12:12, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:
> As some of you know, omen.com has been running on Heisenbug
> since November.  Lately its stability has left a bit to be desired.
> VNC sessions have terminated for no apparent reason.  A number
> of kernel OOPSes have been detected but the reporting app
> refuses to send information to Bugzilla because the kernel is
> somehow "tainted".
>
> Last night the local net interface stopped working.  Machines
> on the local net could still ping each other but Heisenbug could
> not talk to any of them.   I tried toggling the port with Network
> Manager
> to no avail.  Restarting Network Manager didn't help either.
> A reboot was needed to put things back in order.
>
> --
>      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com
> Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
>   Omen Technology Inc      "The High Reliability Software"
> 10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   503-614-0430

Hi Chuck,

I have no answers, just a few questions for comparison.  (1) Are you
seeing "IRQ nobody cared" messages on local interfaces? (2) Are your
interfaces using RealTek eth controllers? And, finally, have you done
any network performance tuning? i.e. tweaking parms like
net.core.rmem_max?

Thanks
Flash