Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 22:22:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 22:16 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On mán 16.des 2013 22:10, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > I'm not playing any game...in fact, the thing that prompted me to
> > finally write this email was Dan asking on #fedora-qa if there was a FAS
> > group we could put him in so he'd have fedorapeople space!
>
> The limit that group entirely with providing him and others with that.

Sorry? I can't parse that.

If you mean "Then limit that group entirely with providing him and
others with that." - well, that's already what we'd be doing. The
proposal isn't to make the QA group required for anything at all in
relation to QA. The proposal is just to add all the QA people we can to
the group, and in the future, when new people join, add them too. And
make it inherit fedorabugs (or make fedorabugs inherit it, whichever way
around it goes) so QA people get editbugs privileges. And
then...nothing. That's it. We don't actually use the group for anything
in QA, or anything. That's not what I'm suggesting.