Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 23:05:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 22:33 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On mán 16.des 2013 22:12, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > What, in your estimation, would be the right place? Instead of just
> > saying 'no', can you provide an alternative solution to the problem?
>
> Solution to fix this lies not within in us ( QA ) the alternative
> solution requires a real change in the project not dressing the emperor
> in new clothes which the WG proposal does.

Well, I mean, I agree there are potentially other approaches to granting
things like fedorapeople access and so on, but any change like that
would be a big one which would likely involve lots of proposing and
arguing and take a lot of time.

I personally am not interested in driving such a change. The mechanics
of FAS group membership and so on are not, in and of themselves,
interesting to me, so this isn't something I want to work on. All I'm
trying to do is remove a speedbump for new QA group members that we keep
encountering, in the most simple and obvious way: currently the way the
Fedora project is set up, it expects members of Fedora groups/projects
like QA to be in a FAS group, so let's just do that.