Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Dec 17 08:00:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 10:15 +0530, Akshay Vyas wrote:
> > So I'm proposing we do something simple: let's just go ahead and stick
> > everyone who can reasonably be considered a 'QA team member' in the > > FAS
> > 'qa' group. This wouldn't be hard to do, I can make sure sufficient
> > people within and outside RH have moderator status in the qa group, and
> > then those of us who are mods can just add people appropriately. Anyone
> > who files karma regularly, or validation test results, or posts to
> > test@, or attends QA team meetings, anything like that - let's just
> > stick 'em in QA group, and then for the future we can just say
> > 'moderators can give anyone who's obviously a QA person membership in
> > the QA group at any time, and when someone sends a self-introduction
> > mail and doesn't completely disappear, the QA group mods should stick
> > that person in the group'.
>
> If we can do every QA stuff without being a part of QA group then
> what's the use of creating a QA group

As explained a few times: there are things within Fedora as a whole (not
the QA group) which you need to be a member of a FAS group other than
'cla_done' to get access to - the intent being that only people who are
'members' of Fedora in some way should get them. Space on
fedorapeople.org and voting rights are the two examples I've cited, I
think there may be more than that.