any report of fedup f19->f20?

William Morris snow.open.ski at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 07:11:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 1:37 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>wrote:

> Thanks!

> >> Please no, don't attach pics and send it to 3000 people on a list
> serve. It's 2013. Stick it in dropbox public and post a link, or google
> drive, or it doesn't really matter. That's faster than waiting for a
> moderate who really shouldn't approve attachments anyway.
> >
> > I saw them on the moderation request. Looks like the same issue several
> > people have hit today. It's kinda curious that this is suddenly
> > happening, I know we tested 0.7 and it worked. Oh, well. So, yeah,
> > Philippe, try the standard advice of the day: upgrade to fedup 0.8 and
> > try again. Seems to be working for people.
>
> Yeah I just did an F18 live desktop install to kvm, installed 0.7.3-4, ran
> it with:
>
> fedup --network 20 --debuglog fedupdebug.log
>
> The download is fine. The grub.cfg is correct. The reboot fails and before
> I can read anything it reboots and the grub.cfg has changed such that the
> fedup option isn't present. The screen shots I captured of the reboot
> failure shows a couple hints:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3253801/fedupfailss1.png
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3253801/fedupfailss2.png
>
> That looks to me like the initramfs possibly doesn't contain the right
> root.
>

> Chris Murphy
>
> --

I am getting a weird error message. Not sure what it means exactly.

sudo fedup -v --iso
~/Downloads/Fedora-Live-Desktop-i686-20/Fedora-Live-Desktop-i686-20-1.iso
fedup INFO: /bin/fedup starting at Wed Dec 18 02:09:15 2013
setting up repos...
fedup.yum INFO: FedupDownloader(version=None,
cachedir=/var/tmp/fedora-upgrade)
fedup.yum INFO: checking repos
fedup.yum INFO: repo fedupiso seems OK
getting boot images...

Downloading failed: couldn't get boot images: Local file does not exist:
/tmp/fedup.mnt.lwL9hb/.treeinfo
fedup INFO: Downloading failed: couldn't get boot images: Local file does
not exist: /tmp/fedup.mnt.lwL9hb/.treeinfo
fedup INFO: /bin/fedup exiting at Wed Dec 18 02:09:15 2013

--
Will Morris
Fedora Bugzapper, Amabasador