any report of fedup f19->f20?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Dec 18 07:12:19 UTC 2013

On Dec 17, 2013, at 11:37 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> Yeah I just did an F18 live desktop install to kvm, installed 0.7.3-4, ran it with:
>
> fedup --network 20 --debuglog fedupdebug.log
>
> The download is fine. The grub.cfg is correct. The reboot fails and before I can read anything it reboots and the grub.cfg has changed such that the fedup option isn't present. The screen shots I captured of the reboot failure shows a couple hints:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3253801/fedupfailss1.png
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3253801/fedupfailss2.png
>
> That looks to me like the initramfs possibly doesn't contain the right root.

Weird. /system-upgrade-root exists so the 2nd screen shot complaint indicating it doesn't is bogus. The next complaint, that /system-upgrade-root/sysimage is true, it doesn't exist. The debug log shows:

[  5678.220] (II) fedup.sysprep:setup_upgraderoot() creating upgraderoot dir: /system-upgrade-root

An earlier screenshot of boot shows:

dracut-pre-pivot: Warning: UPGRADEROOT isn't unset, can't save initramfs

If anyone else is having such errors, is your rootfs btrfs by any chance? It's possible for a couple things to get confused about where the real root is if it's not groking it's on its own subvolume. (I'm not sure that's the problem, still looking and may even give up if no else is having this problem or if 0.8 solves it.)

Chris Murphy