any report of fedup f19->f20?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 07:59:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 00:55 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Dec 18, 2013, at 12:12 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> >
> > If anyone else is having such errors, is your rootfs btrfs by any chance?
>
> On Dec 17, 2013, at 11:57 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I can only think that using fedup 0.7 against upgrade
> > kernel/image built with fedup-dracut 0.8 doesn't work.
>
> That seems more plausible.
>
> This:
> mv /var/tmp/fedora-upgrade /var/tmp/system-upgrade
> mv /var/lib/fedora-upgrade /var/lib/system-upgrade
>
> Plus updating to fedup 0.8 and reattempting works for me.

I thought just doing the mv's without the upgrade of fedup might work
too, but it seems not. Not that it really matters, but it's interesting.

Anyway, I've updated Common Bugs and spammed everywhere I could think of
with 'use 0.8!' messages. If others can help get the word out that'd be
great :) And also up-karma the Fedora 18 fedup, it needs it. There's a
fedora-release update with the GPG keys that should make --nogpgcheck
unnecessary: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/fedora-release-18-4
- so test if you can do a successful fedup from 18 to 20 with fedup 0.8
and that fedora-release and no special parameters, and if so, upkarma
both, so we can get 'em stable ASAP.

Common Bugs link, for informing people:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F20_bugs#fedup-07-fail .

thanks folks!