Rawhide heads up - password auth for ssh and selinux

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.com
Thu Dec 19 09:20:45 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 07:59 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> It seems that selinux-policy-3.13.1-10.fc21 is blocking password
> authentication for sshd. Authorized_keys authentication still works. I
> use both together and got a surprise after doing an update and could
> access a system remotely. Using permissive mode works around the
> problem. I have filed bug 1044808 for the issue.
I don't know if this is the same problem:  I did a fresh net install of
64 bit
Heisenbug Wednesday on my server.  After several hours thunderbird
could not could not fetch mail through Dovecot.  One or the other
had forgotten the required password.  I confirmed that the password
had not changed and restarted Dovecot to no avail.  Finally I rebooted
Heisenbug and all is well.

--
      Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   caf at omen.com   www.omen.com