Enabling Updates repo in F20 install

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Dec 20 20:02:04 UTC 2013

Sorry to intrude here, but I am not getting this answered on the Fedora
Community list.  I have dug through the installation guides (both f20
and 19) and have not found the answer...

I have learned that the OS repo location can be specified via repo=url,
but all attempts so far not shown a way to specify the updates repo url.

In the Installation Source dialog, the Updates option is checked and
greyed out.  And even so, there is no place here to specify a url.
Should I be using Additional Repositories?  BTW, I have local copies of
the OS and Updates repos.

I noticed an updates=url option to specify at boot, but this seems to
mean something other than the Updates repo.  The install hung with all
sorts of messages and never got to the first dialog.

I also saw a repo -name= option, but it is not clear how to use this.

So I would really like to specify the Updates repo at install time. It
saves a LOT of effort to not have to apply updates on install which can
get in the hundreds of rpms needing updates.

If I have encountered a bug, let me know and I will post a report.

thank you