Enabling Updates repo in F20 install

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Dec 22 00:48:46 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 11:58 PM, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> On 12/20/2013 12:02 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> In the Installation Source dialog, the Updates option is checked and
>> greyed out.  And even so, there is no place here to specify a url.
>> Should I be using Additional Repositories?  BTW, I have local copies of
>> the OS and Updates repos.
>>
> You've left out some important details.  What method are you using to
> install?  DVD, netinst iso, etc.  I expect if you are using the DVD
> with no network, you will have the situation you describe. Also, where
> are your local copies of the repos?

I am using the DVD, but at install, I press tab and add:

repo=http://repo.homebase.home.htt/fedora/20/os/i386/

You might tell by that TLD, that this host is local to my subnet. This
is what I did back for f17 (I am skipping over f18 & 19, so changes
there are new to me).  But I used url=...  back then.  I think.  I saw
on the installation instructions for f19 to use repo=

udpates are:

http://repo.homebase.home.htt/fedora/20/updates/i386/