Bug 1046701 – NetworkManager hides DNS resolver search list setting in Fedora 20

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Fri Dec 27 16:35:25 UTC 2013

On 12/26/2013 09:29 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Are you sure you're not confusing the GNOME network configuration
> applet with nm-connection-editor? Both exist in both F19 and F20,
> nm-c-e has a few more things to twiddle than the GNOME applet. If I
> understand the setting you're talking about, I still see it in nm-c-e
> on the 'IPv4 Settings' tab
I suppose that's possible, but I don't remember ever running
nm-connection-editor. I thought that I gained access to the setting in
question through one of the right-click menus accessible by
right-clicking the icons in the bar at the top of the screen. Was
nm-connection-editor available from there prior to Fedora 20?

I think it's a bug that the only way to access this setting is through
nm-connection-editor. How would anyone know to run nm-connection-editor
to access settings? I don't even think this is a particularly advanced
setting.

(And then there's the fact that there appears to be no way to define a
default domain search list to apply to all connected network devices, or
if there is, there's no way to set that through a GUI, or if there is,
it's so well hidden that I couldn't find it, but this is a separate issue.)

   jik