Fedora 20 release day FedUp bug: post-mortem

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 16:45:05 UTC 2013

HI

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 3:47 AM, Adam Williamson  wrote:

> If you're going to do
> that you may as well make it also do the upgrade 'offline', as fedup
> does. But that's really about all fedup does: it really just boots to a
> special systemd target and does 'yum upgrade', when you boil it down,
> and allows us to hook in other operations in dracut if we need to.

I thought it was running rpm as opposed to yum?  In any case, one of the
ideas floated was fedup to always upgrade itself and fedora-release from
the current repository as the first step before upgrading anything else.
up2date used to update itself in Red Hat Linux so this is not a new idea
but could solve some of the issues

Rahul