2013-02-04 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 04:27:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> * If mysql is to still be available in F19, we should check
>             it can be installed and used

Considering MySQL 5.6 has been just released
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.6/en/news-5-6-10.html

with GPL Community Edition as per usual.

Source code tarball
http://cdn.mysql.com/Downloads/MySQL-5.6/mysql-5.6.10.tar.gz

Binaries:
http://cdn.mysql.com/Downloads/MySQL-5.6/MySQL-server-5.6.10-1.linux_glibc2.5.x86_64.rpm
http://cdn.mysql.com/Downloads/MySQL-5.6/MySQL-client-5.6.10-1.linux_glibc2.5.x86_64.rpm

[http://www.bugmenot.com/view/dev.mysql.com if need be]

...and that it works better than the MDB 5.5 Mysql fork, as per
Mozilla´s own testing:
https://blog.mozilla.org/it/2013/01/29/in-subqueries-in-mysql-5-6-are-optimized-away/

"In MySQL 5.6, it looks like IN() subqueries are optimized even better
than they are in MariaDB 5.5"

...I´d like to see MySQL 5.6 included with F19.

:-)

FC
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell