Cannot mount Galaxy S3 any more

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:46:18 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

Of late, my up to date F18 system doesn't show my galaxy s3. lsusb seems
to find it:
Bus 002 Device 017: ID 04e8:6860 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd GT-I9100
Phone [Galaxy S II], GT-I9300 Phone [Galaxy S III], GT-P7500 [Galaxy Tab
10.1]

dmesg keeps giving errors like this:
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/2769/

There doesn't seem to be any /dev/serial*:

> [root at dhcppc1 ~]# ls /dev/ser*
> ls: cannot access /dev/ser*: No such file or directory
> [root at dhcppc1 ~]#

mtpfs fails with the following output:
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/2770/

Would any one know what's causing this and whether a bug is filed (and
against what component?)? I'll go file one other wise. It's basic
functionality that should be available. At the moment, I can't import
photos from my phone to my system :/

(I had a Jellybean update to 4.1.2 recently but googling doesn't give me
much information on whether it broke mtp etc.)
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.