testing fedora redeclipse 1.3.1 packaging

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Feb 13 16:07:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 13:07:51 +0100,
   Martin Erik Werner <martinerikwerner at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi testers and gamesers!
>
>The latest version (1.3.1) of Red Eclipse has been brewing in testing
>for quite a while now (and upstream is already planning for a soonish
>1.4), and I was wondering if there would be anyone interesting in poking
>it a bit and see if it can get pushed into updates.
>
>I'm copy-pasting an older post with testing hints below, these should
>still apply to this new version.

Note that you can manually push the package to stable if you think it has
been adequately tested and you can't find anyone else to test and update
karma. You just need to wait a week (or two?) after the package hits
testing.

The other concern for games is the conflict between Fedora's updates shouldn't
have big changes versus some games need to be up to date in order to be
able to play with other remote players. This is a judgement call by the
packager.