BlockerBugsApp to AutoQA Trac?

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 15:16:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:52:08 -0800
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 05:03 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > Hey Tim,
> >
> > maybe we should move the BlockerBugsApp from Fedora QA Trac to
> > AutoQA Trac, so that test-list doesn't receive all these
> > notifications? They are more development related than testing
> > related.
>
> Tim suggested that to me before, but then, 'AutoQA' trac isn't really
> the right place for it either, and autoqa-devel wouldn't be the place
> for the ticket mails (assuming autoqa trac tickets generate mail to
> the autoqa list). Is there a better solution? I'm having a look
> around now.

Yeah, as I mentioned in another reply, I don't think that the AutoQA
trac is the best place for it either but our use of autoqa-devel@ has
been changing as of late to more of a qa-devel list and with our
current usage, I agree that autoqa-devel@ is a more appropriate place
for ticket emails and development related discussion.

I've been meaning to propose changing the list but that hasn't happened
yet.

I'm not sure that adding a new field for ticket submission is the best
answer here. I'd almost rather move the tickets to a different trac
instance if the emails to test@ are a problem/annoyance.

Does anyone else have input on this? I'm probably one of the least
impartial since I subscribe to both lists and am affected by emails
relating to the blocker tracking app.

Does anyone think that the development related ticket emails are
annoying or inappropriate for test@?

Tim