Ctrl+Alt+Backspace - Solved

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jan 1 16:18:24 UTC 2013

On 31/12/12 07:06, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> .
>
>> On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
>> <<URL:mailto:bobgoodwin at wildblue.net>bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>>

>>       I have a new Fedora-18 64 bit XFCE Live install and and I find
>> that
>>       ctrl+alt+backspace does not work. Is that expected?
>>
>>       I need that function with my equipment. I have two Saitek
>>       illuminated keyboards that do strange things when I switch the
>>       color/brightness since F-16. After the color/brightness is toggled
>>       to max I have to log out and in again using ctrl+alt+backspace.
>> This
>>       on two different computers. On this F-17 box I can log out/in that
>>       way, not on the new F-18 install.
>>
>>       How can I change that?

    It appears that this problem can be fixed by adding the following to
    "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf"

            Section "InputClass"
                  Identifier        "system-setup-keyboard"
                  MatchIsKeyboard     "on"
                  Option        "XkbOptions"    "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
            EndSection

    At least it works for me.

    Thanks for the help,

    Bob