F18 empty lshw-gui window

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 1 19:45:05 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-01 09:44 (GMT) Frank Murphy composed:

> On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 23:56:46 -0500 Felix Miata wrote:

>> What's it take to get it to populate? lshw works whether root or
>> not.

> For me, in terminal: lshw-gui
> (popup prompts for password)
> Then I click refresh.

That's the way it works here too, same as with the menu item, but it
certainly seems a behavioral bug, and why I asked here. The busy cursor runs
more than 20 seconds after the initial window is fully painted. By that time
a normal human would expect it to have auto-populated instead of needing to
_re_fresh it.

I like hwinfo much better than lshw, but can't seem to get yum to find me any
such program, or better yet something like MCC and YaST2 have for showing
hardware details in a GUI.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/