Fedora 18 issues with translations and keymaps
jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Jan 3 15:53:17 UTC 2013
----- Original Message -----
> On 01/03/2013 03:43 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > ----- Original Message -----
> >> On 01/03/2013 03:26 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> >>> That's more - do not ship blindly, try to figure out as much as
> >>> possible
> >>> but within the time frame we have.
> >> You may not have been long enough sitting in the release chair to
> >> realize that the time frame that was used to initially determined
> >> the
> >> first release cycle of the Fedora has since long been out grown.
> >> Heck I cant even remember any release that has been manage to be
> >> shipped
> >> on time.
> >> Can you provide me with proper argument why it is so urgent to
> >> release
> >> now? Why the rush? What benefit it's supposed to bring to our end
> >> user
> >> instead of delivering them better complete working product?
> > The only argument - we look like fools. I admit this is my first
> > release, it's a fun one :) but - for F18, we were planning six
> > months release cycle (+some time for blocking issues, it's
> > non sense to release with blockers). But F18 was very different -
> > but changing the release cycle/planning should happen before.
> > Also we are still able to deliver very good product, it's always
> > about compromise - even if we would just scratch all "time based
> > release cycle" - you can aim on perfection, but we're not Hurd :)
> > It's always about scope, about resources - currently we do not
> > have resources to fix this in timely manner - if you will
> > volunteer, I'll reconsider. And yeah, it makes me sad we do not
> > have any stronger i18n teams around that could handle all these
> > issues - but it's again about resources.
> Is that not even a more an indicator that that our release cycle is
> simply to short and we should delay the release to late may/june when
> F19 should have been released, so that little manpower we have to fix
> those issue can address those issue in time?
1) there's no schedule to release end May, FESCo will decide based on
scope and I don't have a problem with this.
2) I'm not sure the top issues here are in our hands, it's more about
upstream cooperation. But definitely, we can ask if anyone is willing
to clear this out upstream - we are probably not even talking about
F19 here :( Maybe Red Hat could be interested in this issue, I'll
recheck and invest into fixing (or any other commercial distributor).
> test mailing list
> test at lists.fedoraproject.org
> To unsubscribe:
More information about the test