Setting wireless network printer issue

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 4 07:21:02 UTC 2013

On Thu 03 Jan 2013 07:07:00 PM PST, Ed Greshko wrote:
> What make/model of printer?
>
> It may not be apples/oranges, but I have an HP 6500 connected via wireless.  I used hplip and had to enter the IP address since discovery failed to find it.  Working fine for both printing and scanning.

HP Photosmart eStation C150. I attempt to use hplip to connect wireless
using ip address with no success.
Probing network for printers. Please wait, this will take approx. 10
seconds...

warning: No devices found on the 'net' bus. If this isn't the result
you are expecting,
warning: check your network connections and make sure your internet
warning: firewall software is disabled.

FirewallD is enabled, network is on.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga