Setting wireless network printer issue

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Jan 4 13:08:01 UTC 2013

On 04/01/13 04:35, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

> No luck. On my network, HP eStation ip address is 192.168.1.67 with
> network name HPFFBBC9.
> Somehow, hp-setup does not detect the printer presence in wireless
> netowrk (it did on F17).
> I am puzzled why hp-setup failed on F18.
> --
> Luya Tshimbalanga
> Graphic & Web Designer

    I find that CUPS works simplest for me. In browser localhost:631
    login as root at the CUPS prompt or else it wont let you do anything.

        Add Printer > AppSocket/HP JetDirect

    In my system the address for an HP C-6800 is socket://192.168.1.11:9100

    Then follow menu items for manufacturer and model. I used the same
    procedure for the two Brother laser printers also. Just added the HP
    printer in F-18 and printed test page without a problem.

    Bob

    --

    http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

    box7