update some testcases

Lili Nie lnie at redhat.com
Sat Jan 5 06:42:23 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kamil Paral" <kparal at redhat.com>
To: "For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases" <test at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:43:15 AM
Subject: Re: update some testcases

>> Testcase::https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_%28encrypted%29_install
>>  How to test
>>     Boot the installer using any available means
>>     Make sure your disk is set to be encrypted
>>     you can encryted the whole disk before custom partitioning your
>>     disk
>>     or encryted part of the disk (for example,/root) after custom
>>     partitioning your disk

>The sentence above is the only change I see from the original text (please note the correct word is "to encrypt").

>I think we should create a separate wiki page "QA:Anaconda partitioning", that explains the differences between the "guided partitioning" and "custom partitioning", and also between >"autopart" and "manual partitioning". Ideally with screenshots. Then we can link that page and simply ask the tester to encrypt the disk using method A or B (or any of them). In >this case, I think we only mandate "autopart", nothing else.
   Hi Kamil,
   I feel a little confused,in"guided partitioning mode",we do"auto partitiong",in"custom partitioning mode",we do"manual partitiong",
   actually,there is no "guided partitioning mode" or"custom partitioning mode",we do default install then we can
   call it"guided partitiong mode" if we change something,we can say it in"custom partitiong mode", As for "auto
   partitioning",we only need to click"continue".Am I right?

>>     Select the appropriate disk, and continue installation, choosing
>>     all provided defaults
>>     After installation is complete, perform QA:Testcase_base_startup
>>     to ensure the installed system boots correctly with the
>>     encrypted partitioning

>In the original text there is also:
>#  Repeat the test, selecting a non-English keyboard map and entering a passphrase which would not be input the same on an English keyboard map
>Personally I would erase this one, I'm not a fan on "repeat-several-times" test cases. We can explicitly say the password _might not_ be set using an English keymap. It's then up to >people to choose. In several test runs we will receive the same result (multiple keymaps tested) with less time invested.

 For this one ,I'm a little disagree with you.If we do not highlight"selecting a non-English keyboard map",we QA may tends to use English keyboard map only.
 for example,I am an Chinese,but I would just do the default English install for all the testcases,if there is no special saying.

>>   Testcase::
>>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Partitioning_No_Swap
>>     How to test
>>     Boot the installer using any available means (netinst/boot.iso,
>>     PXE, or DVD)
>>     Click into Installation Destination, select Let me custom the
>>     partitioning of the disk instead,select Continue

>Instead of updating these instructions in every test case for every anaconda string change, this should link to "QA:Anaconda partitioning". That would be just a single page to keep >updated. Then we can provide generic instructions:

># In the partitioning screen, enter the [[QA:Anaconda partitioning#custom|custom partitioning mode]] and have the installer set up a [[QA:Anaconda partitioning#autopart|default >partitioning layout]].
># Remove swap partition from the default layout.
># Proceed with installation.

I think it's a good suggestion,and I will try to modify the testcases in this way

>> Testcase::https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_%28use_free_space%29_install
>> How to test
>>     Boot the installer using any available means
>>     Make sure your disk is not set to be encrypted
>>     Select the appropriate disk, and continue installation, choosing
>>     all provided defaults
>>     As for the text mode, you should choose"use free space"for the
>>     Autopartitioning Options

>This test case is a bit unclear that only the free space should be used. I think this would do:

># Install Fedora into the existing free space, without modifying the existing partitions. That should be the default behavior of graphical installer when you select the target disk >and follow the default choices. In text mode, there is a special option for using the free space.

For this,we can add one sentence:
How to test
   Boot the installer using any available means
   Make sure your disk is not set to be encrypted
   Select the appropriate disk, and continue installation, choosing all provided defaults,
   and make sure the existing partitions are not modified
   As for the text mode, you should choose"use free space"for the Autopartitioning Options

>And we should have one more expected result:

># The existing partitions were not modified, the system is installed only into the previously free space.

Yeah,we should add this into the expected result

>    Testcase::
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_ext3_rootfs_on_disk_partition
>     How to test
>     Boot the installer using any available means (netinst/boot.iso,
>     PXE, or DVD)
>     Click into Installation Destination, select Let me custom the
>     partitioning of the disk instead,select Continue
>     At the manual partitioning screen, choose root and click
>     Customize
>     Place the root filesystem(/) on an ext3 formatted partition,and
>     select Finish Partitioning
>     Complete the installation

>Similar to above. Again, let's try to keep the instructions generic if the functionality is obvious. There is no need to say "click Customize". We can simply say "change the root >(/) file system to ext3". If some one is unable to figure out the approach, he/she won't be able to fill in bugzilla report anyway. We don't target complete Linux newbies here.

>   Testcase::https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_xfs_rootfs_on_disk_partition
>     Boot the installer using any available means (netinst/boot.iso,
>     PXE, or DVD)
>     Click into Installation Destination, select Let me custom the
>     partitioning of the disk instead,select Continue
>     At the manual partitioning screen, choose root and click
>     Customize
>     Place the root filesystem(/) on an xfs formatted partition,and
>     select Finish Partitioning
>     Complete the installation

>Same as above.

>   Testcase::
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_ext4_rootfs_on_disk_partition
>      Boot the installer using any available means (netinst/boot.iso,
>      PXE, or DVD)
>     Click into Installation Destination, select Let me custom the
>     partitioning of the disk instead,select Continue
>     At the manual partitioning screen, choose root and click
>     Customize
>     Place the root filesystem(/) on an ext4 formatted
>     partition,select Standard Partition for Device type
>     Select Finish Partitioning,and Complete the installation

>Same as above.

>    Any comments on these will be welcome, and as soon as we have a
>    decision
>    on the changes, I will update the wiki-page.
>
>   Thank you,
>   Lili Nie

>Thanks for your work. When you're at it, could you please try to create the "QA:Anaconda partitioning" wiki page with a few screenshots and a short description what "guided >partitioning mode", "custom partitioning mode", "auto partitioning", and "manual partitioning" are? I believe that would be very useful for lots of our test cases. Then we can >update some of them with links as proposed above.

   Thanks a lot for your comments .But,er..it seems that there is no need to take sreenshot,as the anaconda's explanation is clear enough.
To unsubscribe: