Frequent evolution crashes anyone?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 03:37:59 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 20:57 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 10:51:30 +1100
> Ankur Sinha wrote:
>
> > Evolution has crashed 6 times between my earlier mail and this one. It's
> > getting really difficult to use :(.
>
> I gave up completely on evolution years ago. Switched to claws-mail and
> never looked back.

That's pretty unhelpful feedback. Ankur was trying to determine if other
Evolution users were hitting crashes, or if his experience was unusual.
Replying to say you use another mail client is pretty pointless.

Ankur, as I replied to Chris, I do it crash occasionally, but doesn't
sound like anything as frequent as yours. Though one type of bug I run
into every so often with Evo is that it will crash every time I select
some specific mail that it obviously has trouble parsing. It's usually
pretty obvious when that's going on, and I just use some other client to
read and then delete or move that mail, so Evo doesn't choke on it
again.