no NetworkManager, no network

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 7 11:50:19 UTC 2013

As I use only fixed IP on my wired-only LAN, I have no use for NetworkManager or time or bandwidth spent on updates to it. When I yum remove it, network does not autostart on boot. I must use ifup.
This has been the case at least as far back as F16 and remains the case in F18.

Shouldn't removal of NetworkManager trigger restoration of the network configuration used at fixed IP HTTP installation time?

How do I get systemd configured to do ifup automatically?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/