Connecting remotely to f18 in single user mode

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Mon Jan 7 22:06:20 UTC 2013

On Jan 1, 2013 5:30 PM, "Gianluca Cecchi" <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Sometimes when doing various types of maintenance for a server,I work
this way in rhel based systems and fedora pre-18:
> - boot in single user mode
> - service network start
> - service sshd start
> - connect via ssh from another system
>
> With current f18 I get a message regarding the system booting up and the
login is rejected....
> What are the other necessary commands to run to be able to connect via
ssh and minimal number of services started in f18?
> Thanks,
> Gianluca
>

> --

If this is your regular practice, it might be easier to create a custom
target. Call it 'maintenance.target' and define it to only load the
services you use for maintenance. 'Wants=sshd.service'  might be
sufficient, based on what you described.

--Pete